Miller Academy Coaching | ReLaunch: 2021
FOUNDER: Gretchen Miller Johnson
- Miller Academy Coaching was founded by Gretchen Miller while teaching at Milton Academy in 1996.
- Ten years later, Gretchen's husband Chris Johnson helped to scale the practice significantly.
- Nearly another 10 years later, the Johnson's daughter Annika co-created NikaVika SisterHood (Nika V. for short)
- In addition to working with students K-12 Gretchen + Chris have 30+ yrs of marketing/sales experience.
- And Annika now has 13. yrs of experience -- as a natural inspiration -- for all of us to be the best versions of ourselves!
- Our academic coaches are teachers, high school + college students + adults who are passionate about teaching.
- Entrepreneurs, artists, athletes, authors, activists and scientists are involved in our empowerment coaching.
- Over the past year, we've been re-grouping and re-structuring due to the pandemic.
- A major 2021 goal is to attain Certified B Corporation status as a company that "does business to do good."
- And to secure sponsors to invest in our work, so that we may provide it at no cost to those in need.
- Igniting our local economy by hiring students, single-parents and energetic, retired professionals is also a goal.
- At the core of all we do lies our unwavering mission, vision and mantra: to "engage, enlighten and empower."
- Please reach out to learn more about our programming, our hiring and our sponsorship opportunities.
- Tutoring: For students K-12; provided online during Covid-19; free for those in need.
- School Assemblies: Led by change agents, role models, field experts, held (virtually for now) at local K-12 schools.
- SisterHood SpotLights
- Journalism Workshops about inspiring, local girls of all ages.
- BrotherHood Benchmarks
- Journalism Workshops about inspiring, local boys of all ages.
- NeighborHood Notables
- Gender-neutral Journalism Workshops about inspiring neighbors.
- Meaningful Merch: 25% of profits from our merchandise is donated to local causes that empower.
- Giving Gurus: Gender-neutral journalism workshops about locals who give back.
- Soulful Sponsors: monthly stories about our mindful, community-oriented sponsors.
*The Johnson Family | Snapshot of Education & Career Path
Darien, Milton + Needham Public Schools | Boston College | Harvard Grad School of Ed | Stevens Institute of Tech
AMR Research | Boston Garden | Boston Magazine | Milton Academy | Inc. Magazine | MC Communications | PlumTV
Eduventures | NikaVika SisterHood | Miller Academy Coaching | Buckingham Browne & Nichols School